Startup temperature controlled transportation business seeks responsible, trustworthy, reliable delivery assistant to take charge of delivery routes that services an elite clientele so professionalism is paramount. We are expanding rapidly and looking to bring someone on full time. This is a big opportunity for someone to join our team on the ground floor and grow with the business.
Routes and freight loads vary from day to day. Overnight stays in New England and Washington D.C. areas are frequent, typically once per week. Overnight stays will include a meal allowance. Each day is expected to last 8-10 hours. Some delivery sites will have loading docks with forklifts (warehouses), and many will require hand unloading with hand trucks (restaurants, residences, & retail locations).
This is a hands-on physical job that requires someone who is driven to succeed and willing to put in the hard work.
Like any industry, we have our busy season and slow season. During the slow season, there are many weeks where there is not 40 hours worth of work, sometimes half of that. In this role, you will still receive your full salary, as if you worked a 40 hour week. During the busy season, you will be eligible for over-time as well.
There is an opportunity to receive tips on the job.
Training in this position is expected to last 3-6 months. After training is complete, this Delivery Assistant will become the Head Driver, where wages will increase and full benefits will be offered.
- 2+ years of previous driving experience
- Clean driving record (no more than 1 moving violation in the last 3 years)
- Comfortable maneuvering the 5 boroughs
- Capable of lifting 30-50 pound boxes
- Pallet jack and hand truck operation experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Able to begin and complete your work day in White Plains, NY
- Must have a reliable source or transportation to get to and from work
- Technically savvy – able to learn and troubleshoot smartphones, Garmin GPS, proof of delivery apps, and invoice scanning devices